Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Move In Must-Have List

As I mentioned before, I'm moving this month. I'm trying to be cool as a cucumber, but moving has got to be one of the most stressful life experiences ever! Especially moving across several states! While stressful, there is definitely some fun and joy to be found in the process. Specifically the unpacking process. There's just something so renewing about starting fresh in a new residence. You're able to find a place for everything and also find opportunities to change/expand your current decor. I just love it!

Throughout this process, I've felt lucky that I'm moving to an urban area. I have gone to the store multiple times a day as I discover new things I need! I love going to stores like Target when I'm in this situation, because you can get all types of things in one trip. There's a time and place for long, multi-store shopping trips, but right now I'm all about convenience. Before the move I was trying to use up many of my beauty and kitchen products that were replaceable so I was having to pack less. This means that I'm having to restock a ton of things, and I thought I'd share some of my move-in must have list with y'all.
moving, move essentials, move in must-haves
1 Basic Kitchen Staples. I love to cook and bake (especially with my new favorite kitchen toy!), so I have a few kitchen items that I consider to be staples. It's a short list, but will definitely get my kitchen ready for use. These staples include flour, white sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, (almond) milk, unsalted butter, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, eggs, garlic, vanilla extract, salt, pepper, cocoa powder, granola bars, and a frozen meal. It's a great start to your kitchen and can be expanded on to make delicious meals/treats!

2 Cleaning Supplies. Typically I'll use a few different cleaners around the house. I like to use one that's granite-friendly and food safe in the kitchen, a specialized glass cleaner, and a tough bathroom cleaner. I also like to keep wipes (like Clorox brand) for small in-between cleanings. Soap, paper towels and toilet paper are also some things I like to have right away, for obvious needs.

3 Beauty Needs. Target has really stepped up their game in the beauty department over recent years. Not only do they carry a variety of brands, they have some awesome products! A new-to-me favorite called derma e is coming to Target this month and I will be sure to grab some of the new products on my next trip! Derma e has been cruelty-free from the start (before it was trendy!) and creates products that blend modern science with powerful natural ingredients. I was introduced to this brand through their firming DMAE eye lift creme and love my results! Fine lines and crows feet have noticeably softened around my eyes through daily use. You can read more about it here and see the results for yourself in their video! Thankfully for all of us, this product will now be available at Target and I will be grabbing another tube ASAP. I've never used an eye-specific cream and have been SO impressed with this product's ability to keep my skin looking fresh through all of the stress I'm under right now.

4 Decor Needs. Another one of my favorite things about Target is their newly expanded home goods section. Not only is it HUGE, but their items are adorable! I think I will be needing a TV console, a floor lamp, and some new trinkets to really make my apartment feel like home. Additionally, I will be picking up some bath mats and a shower liner as well.

While I recognize that this list is specific to my needs, I think it's a great starting point for anyone going through the move-in process! Just remember that it is a process and you will be much happier with the results. Even seasoned movers still need time to adjust to a new home.

What are your move-in must haves? Have you ever moved before?

Full Disclosure: I received a complimentary product sample from derma e to review honestly through BrandBacker. As always, all opinions and words are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support A Peachy Sonder!

14 comments:

  1. I needed this, I'm moving in a couple of months cross-country! This is great and I'm bookmarking it now!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny when you move the little things you don't think about, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So key! My dad was a Marine so I moved around several times growing up, which is totally different than moving as an adult. This is a great list of important things to have when you move in. I always forget about paper towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important to bring cleaning supplies, yet so many forget it! This is definitely a great list!

    Lauren | The Arizona Prepster

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Target's home decor section.
    I tend to buy a little knick knack everytime I go in which is dangerous for my bank account.

    xoxo, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so timely - my husband and I will be moving to our new home next month. So, we're both very busy preparing for it right now. Exciting times but can't deny that it is stressful a bit!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning big move this month, thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I also LOVE Target's home section. Honestly sometimes if I'm just running in for shampoo, I vow to not even look at the home section because I KNOW I'll want something, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are definitely pros and cons to moving. I hate the whole packing and purging part (it's exhausting) but unloading in a new space is oh so refreshing. Good luck with your move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Target and everything they have in there! Moving is the absolute worst and the clutter is unbearable sometimes! But when it's all done, it's incredible!

    Nicole // Chronicling Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm moving after this semester and I have to say making those trips to the store to stock up on those essentials are some of my favorite trips to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm obsessed with Target's home dept, especially the newest faux fur/glam decor, perfect time for you to move ;-)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely basic kitchen staples! I recently moved and had to scrounge around for my oven gloves haha!

    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that you can get everything you need at Target! It was a lifesaver when I moved into my new apartment. I hope you're getting settled and enjoying your new place :)

    XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...