2. I am practically a bubble child. I've tested positive for just about every single environmental allergen over the years and still haven't gotten used to it! I love hiking and being outdoors, so this is a huge challenge for me. I've done immunotherapy, prescriptions, and OTC medicine- but am still on the search for relief. In addition to environmental allergies, I'm also allergic to milk. So basically, hives are a regular occurrence in my life and I rarely can breath 100% through my nose.
3. I was a gymnast turned cheerleader for 18 years. I started as a competitive gymnast but realized that I didn't enjoy the whole spread of gymnastics around the start of middle school. I swapped over to competitive cheerleading and continued along that path until I graduated high school. I loved the competitions, people, and training behind both sports. It taught me time management, discipline, and a love for exercise that I will be forever grateful for.
4. I live alone. A little over 2 years ago, I moved to an unfamiliar city for work. I was a little intimidated by being forced to live alone at first, but it's definitely the right fit for me! Although I've moved back by home, I've decided to stay on my own. I feel very blessed to be able to afford it and enjoy where I live!
5. I love to bake and cook. My dad is absolutely the source of this love and I'm thankful to have inherited it! We really connect through cooking together and talking about food, as well as eating it. It's not only a great shared bond for us, but something I love to do on my own. I'd have to say that is one of my least favorite aspects of living alone- I don't have anyone to cook for right now!
6. I have a degree in Biochemistry. I started college with the intention of going to medical school afterwards, but realized my sophomore year that I wasn't interested in continuing school directly after my 4 years of undergrad. I quite literally had the wind sucked out of my sails. I switched from chemistry to biochemistry and am now so happy that I did. I work in a field loosely related to my major but rely heavily on my knowledge of science every single day at work!
7. I adore nature. What girl doesn't love a pretty bouquet of fresh flowers?! Not only do I love the colorful parts, but I can't describe the happiness I get from being immersed in nature. Walking along a scenic beach, hiking up a tall peak, or following trails along a river to a waterfall... There's just something so serene and fundamental to me about the untouched beauty found in those places. God truly is an artist, in my opinion!
8. I'm growing and restrengthening my faith right now. I've considered myself to have faith my whole life, but have definitely been more devout at certain times than others over the years. After going through a really rough patch last year, I have begun to recenter my life and have really enjoyed my journey doing so. Although hitting your low points in life is hard, it gives the most unique kind of perspective on things that you just don't see when life seems to be going well.
9. I love to read. I've totally fallen off the bandwagon as it relates to leisure reading. I was doing a great job of making time for this habit, but haven't been doing so for the past few months. Now that things in my life are settling down again, I've gotten back into it and am very excited about it! I'm reading 'Me Before You' right now and will definitely be sharing my thoughts once I'm finished. It's great so far.
10. I am a family gal. One of the hardest things about my move away was the distance between myself and my family. Unfortunately, proximity does have an effect on emotional closeness and I really, really suffered from the distance. My family is far from picture perfect but they provide a stability that I can't find anywhere else. Being closer to home has drastically changed my emotions and has been a lovely change since the beginning of the year. Last month was the first in many that I was able to go out to dinner with my whole family to celebrate my birthday. I'm smiling just thinking about it!
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. If there's anything I left unanswered that you'd like to know, please shoot me an email so we can chat further. Also- I'd love to get to know more about you as a reader! Please, leave one fun fact about yourself in a comment below! :)