Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"Dark Places" Book Review

Hey y'all! I've been busy busy busy so far this week- I'm actually out in Arizona this week for a work conference. This is my first time here and I'm hoping to sight see a little bit after all of the meetings. The weather out here is so different than what I'm used to, considering the fact I've never lived in a desert, but dry heat is pretty awesome! I was scared by the forecasted weather for the week, but so far it's manageable.

I wanted to share another book review today. I absolutely FLEW through this book. It sucked me in right away and I had a seriously hard time putting it down every time I picked it up to read. I just adore books like that. Dark Places is written by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl, and mirrored the darkness found it that book. So, if you were bothered by the plot or imagery in that book- this one is NOT for you.

Front Cover
via
This story follows the survivor of a murdered family in a small Kansas town as she looks into the details surrounding the event that's haunted her for over 20 years. It twists and turns through flashbacks and current day, keeping you on the edge of your seat with each page. The ending is too good to even hint at or spoil, so trust me in saying you've gotta pick this up and read it for yourself! Overall, the book was very intriguing to me and sent me through a wide range of emotions- from sadness to surprise to disgust. I've always believed that a good book evokes strong emotions from you- whether they are positive or negative- and this definitely did!

Have you read this book? What are you currently reading? What are your favorite kinds of books?

3 comments:

  1. I just bought this book the other day and will be starting it once I finish the book for my book club.
    This review makes me even more excited to read it.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book yet, but it sounds like something that I would enjoy! Happy Tuesday, love! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this book! Gillian Flynn's work is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo, Ivette
    Glamour State Of Mind

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...