French Toast for One
2 slices of bread
1/8 cup milk
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp powdered sugar (optional, for garnish)
Steps to take...
1. Whisk the egg with a fork or whisk. Once the yolk is totally blended, add in the milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter into pan once hot.
3. Soak each slice of bread into the whisked egg mixture and make sure both sides are coated!
4. Cook soaked slices of bread for about 4 minutes on one side or until browned. Flip and cook second side for about 3 minutes, or until browned.
5. Add syrup/fruit/powdered sugar and enjoy immediately!
What are your favorite breakfast treats on the weekend? Do you ever cook a fancy breakfast just for yourself?