Monday, April 6, 2015

My Hunt for the Perfect White Jean

Happy Monday, readers! I hope y'all had fabulous weekends and Easter celebrations. Every year I look forward to the sermon on Easter Sunday. There's just something about it- I love the Easter service at church! It always leaves me feeling refreshed and humbled. On Saturday, I was on the hunt. And no, it wasn't for Easter eggs! I was determined to find a pair of white jeans. I have been looking for the perfect pair for several years now and have come away from every shopping trip empty handed. I don't know why, but I just wasn't able to find the right fit.

There are a ton of options out there- straight legged, cropped, flared, wide legged- it can be overwhelming! As I've said before, I have a difficult time with length thanks to my height. Many of the stores I shop at seem to think that everyone has super long legs! Not the case for me, so I was really thankful when JCrew came out with their ankle pants. They actually fit me perfectly lengthwise!

Alas, length is not the only issue I was running into with my white jean hunt. Material and stretch were working against me- white is definitely NOT as slimming as the dark washes I am used to shopping for. I was struggling to find the right amount of material give without crossing over into the "jegging" category (nothing against them, just not what I was looking for). I actually had a successful trip on Saturday and FINALLY found my perfect white jean!!
I just love them and can't wait to start wearing them! For those of you still on the hunt, I've gathered up some of the great options out there- I hope they help you find your perfect fit!

White Jeans
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Have you found your perfect white jean? Did you have to hunt to find them?

10 comments:

  1. Finding white jeans was near impossible for me and it kind of sucked because I had a time limit on finding the jeans because it was part of our outfit for recruitment one night.
    I have fairly muscular thighs from dancing for so many years so most white jeans are not flattering on my thighs.
    After hunting for what felt like forever, I found my perfect pair from Michael Kors.

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a pair last year from Old Navy although they're softer material than denim - I'm not sure what they are come to think of it, but they're similar to the long pixie pants. They fit well enough that I got 2 pairs and for Old Navy price I couldn't pass them up.

    xo
    Alex | Mrs. Mason Dixon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when that happens! When you find a good fit AND good price- you have to buy in multiples!

      Delete
  3. Great picks!
    xx
    Coco
    http://www.mllecoconath.com/blog/2015/4/3/late-afternoon-stroll-bali

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look lovely - I really want a pair of white jeans but always feel like they look bad on me because I have larger thighs and calves! But I hope to find a pair that is flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my struggle as well- I think you just have to find the right amount of stretch and just remember that they will never be as slimming as your black skinnies. Good luck finding your perfect pair!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for this post! I've been on the hunt for the perfect white jean, and I'm terrified, because I am sooo prone to making messes!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found the perfect pair of white jeans! I'm definitely excited to wear more white during spring and summer!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. White jeans can be so tough! I have 3 different pairs and don't completely LOVE any of them! I might need to go on a hunt this year!

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...