Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Lilly for Target Experience

Hi readers! I hope you've been having a great week so far. Mine has been wild so far, but nothing compares to the wildness that I saw this weekend at the Lilly for Target launch.

I survived, lilly for target
That's right, y'all- I was one of the crazies who got up to do the launch in person! I went to a wedding on Saturday night and was leaving on Sunday to head back to VA, so I wanted to get some sleep and couldn't stalk the online launch. When I woke up to head to Target, I was hoping to pick up a few of my online only picks. I quickly discovered that they were all sold out. At 7 AM. 7!!!! I still can't believe that. That just solidified my mindset when heading into the store that I had to be strategic if I wanted to get any of my top picks!

My mom, sister, and I met at our local Target at 7:30 and were the second group in line. It was a rainy, chatty wait as everyone discussed their surprise at the online sell out and their wishlist for inside the store. They opened the doors promptly at 8, however we received a lecture beforehand about wet floors and where the different items would be located to help minimize frantic behavior.

When the doors opened, carts were grabbed and people began RUNNING towards the racks. We planned to go straight to the clothing and I just went for the prints that I loved online. I was able to get several dresses in my size and prayed that they fit. I kid you not, the racks were completely cleared within 5 minutes. I wasn't even able to make it to any other section before all of the goodies were snatched up. We gathered in the outdoor section to sort through our finds- we didn't want to hoard anything we weren't seriously considering purchasing in hopes that others would be able to enjoy them. We put back a few things that were grabbed in the wrong size and headed to the fitting rooms. Women were crowded around the fitting rooms waiting for people to discard their items. They were snatched up so quickly. The crazy thing was that people stopped discarding their items. Unwanted items were held onto and traded for others that were desired. How nuts is that! I seriously couldn't believe the tense energy within the Target.

I walked out with a nail polish, a bathing suit, three dresses, and a pair of shorts. Only two of which I intended to purchase, but I fell in love in the fitting room with items off of my list! I am hoping to pick up a few of my wants in returns (although I highly doubt any returns will happen), but I refuse to go pay a higher price on Ebay. I don't mean to get on a soapbox, but I think those mark-ups are ABSURD. If you wanted to pay $100 for a Lilly dress, go to their retail store and buy one made to be $100. I think that the prints for the Lilly for Target collection are beautiful but the way that they are able cut costs to sell them so cheaply is to make them with cheaper materials. You would not pay a 3x price gauge for a dress that didn't have Lilly on the tag, so just don't. Treat yourself to a dress worth your money. End rant.

Here are a few photos of my picks from shopping on Sunday!

lilly pulitzer for target

lilly pulitzer for target
Look familiar from Instagram? This was one of my must haves!
lilly pulitzer for target, shift dress
This was my other must have that I got- so happy to have snagged it!
lilly pulitzer for target, shift dress

first timer, essie polish

lilly pulitzer for target

lilly pulitzer for target


Did you brave the lines on Sunday? Did you get any items from the collection? What are your thoughts on the Ebay situation?

13 comments:

  1. I was able to get most of what I wanted online now I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail! By the time I got to my store on Sunday morning nothing was left so I'm glad I was able to grab what I wanted online!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so many items for braving that crazy mess of a Sunday morning. I couldn't help but laugh at your I survived photo. Love reading all about everyones CRAZY day!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got almost everything I wanted online and received a couple of things from my shipment already.
    I can't wait to get the rest of it.
    I got the Boom Boom dress too!

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't go to Target because I knew it would be crazy, but I didn't think it would be this crazy! Good for you for actually getting some good items!

    Running Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worst launch ever, but my stores had plenty of stock, I probably should have picked up more, LOL. Love what you found :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was one of the crazies too! It was so insane, but fun. I went to 7 different Targets and drove about 200 miles total. It was so fun to see what different stores had and I got [almost] everything on my list!

    xx. Brittany
    Life Like a Twenty Something

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg so glad you got something!! I had no idea it was going to be that crazy!

    xo, Katy
    http://www.thestyleisland.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waah i love the stuff you got!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I waited in line in the rain for half an hour, and I left empty handed :( It was allll gone at 8:01. I waited for women to return things from the fitting rooms, but no one did. I saw a dress laying around that was too big for me and handed it to a lady with a stroller, but I'm kind of wishing I had kept it so I could trade it for the shorts I wanted! Glad you made it out alive AND with goodies :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I was so disappointed I didn't get any clothing at my Lilly launch! The line was wrapped around the door, you are right - those racks were cleared out! I did get some home goods and nail polish though, ha!

    I was also totally one of those girls stalking the fitting room for things people would discard :) but no luck there either!

    Enjoy your dresses!
    xo
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! Wish we had this here but Target just recently closed in Canada. Love the swimsuit and Essie nail polish :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous items! Good for you for surviving the event and coming out with some great items
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't shop the Lilly for Target collection, but those pieces are adorable! Shaking my head at the whole ebay situation though... the markups are crazy!
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...