Friday, October 17, 2014

Hello world!

Welcome, my friend! 


Today I'm taking that frightening plunge onto the internet and am eager to start my journey with blogging. I'm sure I can guess a few things on your mind right now- Who is she? Why is she doing this? What will she talk about?- and I am happy to answer that for you today!

Although I am choosing to keep myself anonymous at this time, you should have no problem getting to know me through my posts. And here's a little background to get you started: I am a twenty-something career gal living up in northern Virginia. I am originally from Georgia {hence the 'peach' reference} and have made my way up to the beautiful metro-DC area for my job. I didn't know a single soul here when I accepted my position and was extremely nervous making the jump to be totally alone. You may be thinking that I am crazy to leave a loving family, my fabulous friends, and the comfort of the sweet city of Atlanta for a strange place- sight unseen, I should add- for work. And you may be right. But for now, I choose to count myself as blessed. 

As for how I found myself sitting here on a Friday night beginning a blog... that's a great question. I made several moves before landing myself in VA permanently and was requested to begin a blog for my loved ones to follow so they could keep up with my happenings prior to the first move. I was genuinely excited by the suggestion, but soon realized that I was not able to take on yet another challenge in the middle of the chaos I called my life. My life already felt like a hurricane swirling around me and one more responsibility added on top seemed unmanageable. I don't like to do anything half-way and knew that I would not be able to put the deserved effort into an endeavor like this. Although I knew the timing was not right upon the suggestion, I couldn't shake the idea of starting a blog. I have been following blogs for YEARS now but really hadn't ever thought about trying it out. The more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that this would be the perfect next project for me in my new phase of life! I will go ahead and add the disclaimer that I do not by any stretch of the imagination have a super glamorous life or what people might consider a "blog worthy" lifestyle, but I do have my own story to tell. I make the promise today to tell it in the most open, authentic, best way that I can!

What will I talk about? Me. No, this is not a shrine to myself and I am not setting out to blog so I can boost my own ego. My goal is to give you a glimpse of who I am, what I think, what I do, and why I do those things. Hopefully in a fun and interesting way! I am ready to see where this project takes me and hope that you will enjoy it enough to join my on my journey. I am open to suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism so please feel free to leave any of the aforementioned for me! 


xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...