Monday, October 20, 2014

Just another Manic Monday

Is it just me or do the days during the weekend go by exponentially faster than those during the week?

 I know I'm in good company when I say that I wish weekends were longer and the work week shorter. Unfortunately, it's not up to me and the 5:2 ratio seems to have stood the test of time. {read: nothing is changing anytime soon.} Mondays always seem to start slowly for me, as mine typically start with a conference call promptly at 8AM. After that it's the shuffle of chugging coffee, trying to remember where I left off on Friday, and desperately trying to get enough done before I stop again for lunch. I used to spend a significant amount of time on Sunday preparing for each Monday so I was ready to hit the ground running after my conference call. Thankfully, I've recently decided that my weekends are mine and I don't want to bring work into them even a teensy bit unless it's absolutely necessary.

As of lately, my weekends are packed with various activities. Sightseeing with visiting family and friends, watching football, taking hikes in this gorgeous fall weather, shopping, catching up on my TV shows, reading, traveling, church, brunch... I can honestly say no two weekends of mine are the same. And I think I'm ok with that. Part of my reasoning behind my huge change of scenery was the burning question "If not now, when?" in the back of my mind. I'm not a particularly spontaneous person, but in this season of my life I am trying to focus on the right now. I am actually a notoriously planned individual so this shift in focus has been forced- but extremely refreshing. Although there is no substitute for a well executed plan in my opinion, allowing for change and flexibility in your life can open doors that you didn't even know were there! 

While I realize there's no one size fits all solution in life, I challenge you to evaluate where you are right this very second and see if you have an opportunity to ask yourself "If not now, when?" Just see where it takes you. It may be helpful in any decision- small or large. I can wholeheartedly say that my decision was worth the risk. Who knows what the next big change will be!

Thanks for reading!

xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...