Wednesday, October 22, 2014

On my horizon

Good afternoon! First off, I just wanted to say thank you for coming here to read my third post. This has already been a wonderful learning experience for me so far and I am enjoying every second of it. I have been tinkering around with my layout and background, have you noticed the new digs? Any thoughts or comments regarding that? I think I have decided on this one for right now but who knows when my opinion will change again!

Today I wanted to share 3 things that are "on my horizon" right now. I thought this was a fitting way to title what I want to share: a few things that I've been thinking about, noticing, or am excited about! So let me just jump right in...

1. Chai Latte Concentrate

For most girls my age, Fall means one thing: PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES. While I am slightly embarrassed to admit this, I just had my first sip {I couldn't even commit to an entire drink} of the cult favorite a few weeks ago. In my defense, I was scared to try it because of the level of sugar I anticipated to be in the drink. I have what I call a "salt tooth" where my "sweet tooth" should be. I am a fan of black coffee and sugar-free syrup in my lattes- those who share my taste can probably understand my hesitation towards this popular fall treat. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of sweetness I experienced in the non-fat version! However, my favorite fall beverage continues to keep its #1 slot on my list- the chai tea latte. 

Mmm, I seriously feel cozy just thinking about drinking one. While in the grocery store last week, I happened to wander down the tea aisle and to my surprise, I stumbled upon a carton of chai tea latte concentrate. I wanted to shout "WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!" but managed to refrain and just pluck one of these beauties off of the shelf. The carton I found has enough tea to make 8 drinks with its contents, making it extremely economical and easy! You simply take 1/2 cup of concentrate, mix with 1/2 cup of your choice of milk,  then heat or serve over ice for your desired temperature. It's. That. Simple. I love that the concentrate is dairy-free, so you are able to use lactose-free milk, almond milk, whole milk, or your preferred type of milk! This is excellent news if you have dietary sensitivities like I do. If you are a fan of this drink I highly recommend giving the DIY at home version a shot!


chai latte concentrate

2. Breaking Bad

When I set out for Virginia on my own, one of the first {and best} decisions I made was to purchase a subscription to Netflix. I know I am extremely behind the times to just get a subscription at the beginning of 2014, but I had never needed my own subscription because I was always able to watch with family or friends on their own accounts. I've truly loved my decision to jump on the bandwagon in this case because it has opened up the door to so many new-to-me movies and shows! Through multiple recommendations of people in my life I recently decided to begin the series "Breaking Bad."  I studied biochemistry in college and was intrigued by the science-y/nerdy aspect of the show at first, but I quickly became consumed by the characters and story line. I absolutely FLEW through it and am currently in the last season. I won't post any spoilers but I will say that my opinions of the characters in this series are drastically different now than they were during season 1. Two thumbs up from this gal. I can't wait to finish it to tie up all of the loose ends.

3. Essie Nail Polish

I'm going to be straight with you- this girl's on a budget. I am blessed with an incredible job. It's fulfilling and it pays my bills. Unfortunately, because of the area I live in, my bills are large. So one of the ways I have tried to save money is to paint my own nails. I like having polish on my nails, and it has become a relaxing and stress-relieving activity for my evenings. Nails chip often anyways, so having the polish at home is great for those necessary touch-ups! I am still not a professional, but I have learned a few tricks to help get started with at home manicures:


 1. Get the right grooming tools. I suggest a metal cuticle pusher {I've tried the wooden ones but I just prefer a metal one because they are re-usable, easy to use, and easy to clean}, cuticle trimmers, a nail file, and a good pair of nail clippers.  
2. Use a base coat and a quick-dry top coat. 
3. Paint your dominant hand first. Because you have better control with this hand, it's easier to avoid smudges while painting your non-dominant hand second.  
 Anything you would add to the list of essential tools? Any suggestions for a great brand of top coat? Do you have any killer tricks to get that perfect at home manicure? Please comment!

My current favorite brand of polish is Essie. It is affordable, easy to find, and comes in a great selection of colors! I also love that they come out with new sets for each season. The downside to that is the fact that my want list of shades is growing constantly! Here is a peak at my current collection:



essie nail polishes


essie nail polish collection


I like to keep them on display in my bathroom because they are all so pretty, and it keeps them right in front of my face to remind me to change things up!

Those are the main things on my horizon right now, what's on yours?

Until next time,
T 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...