Thursday, October 30, 2014

On my horizon

Hello out there! 

I'm not sure about you, but I sure am ready for the weekend. Not only is it some lovely time off work, but I'm getting all dressed up for Halloween tomorrow night! I absolutely love any opportunity to get dolled up. I will be posting later this weekend to share my costume! So now, here's three things on my horizon this week..

1. Tocca Liliana Perfume

I'm pretty much a sucker for anything from Anthropologie. Although it can be pricy, I truly love their products and the quality is amazing! While shopping this weekend, I happened to come across this GORGEOUS perfume.

tocca, tocca liliana, perfume


Not only is the scent heavenly, it's pretty! The inside lid of the box says "Love Yourself" in a pretty script font. Who doesn't need that as a reminder every now and then?!

Tocca, liliana


I went with the smaller bottle just to make sure I loved it on my skin- so I did have to sacrifice the sprayer attached to the normal size bottle. I am really enjoying it, so obviously I had to share with y'all!

2. New York City

However stereotypical this may be- I just have to put it out there. I am completely and utterly in the middle of a love affair with New York City. During one of my previous assignments, I was located just about 1.5 hours outside of this lovely city. In hindsight, I wish I went more than once/twice a month during my six months up there! It truly is a magical place to visit. Additionally, I have serious respect for those who live there. It is so loud and busy 24/7! Too much going on for me. I was blessed with the opportunity to head into the city with a couple of my girlfriends and stay with a family member for the weekend. 

I had a Japanese style of cooking that I have never had before called sukiyaki. Let me first just say that it was INCREDIBLE!! You choose a type of meat and cook it at your table in broth and vegetables that complement the meat. Similar to what fondue in a restaurant feels like. Once all your ingredients are cooked, you eat your sukiyaki "soup" with rice. I was thoroughly impressed. 

sukiyaki


Although a weekend allows you a teensy tiny amount of time in NYC, we made the best of the trip by walking all over the city and enjoying the sites. We hit up Central Park, the Hudson River park, Chelsea Market, Little Italy, Madison Ave and 5th Ave, Rockefeller Plaza, and just about everything in-between that you walk through! And I'm sure this goes without saying, but we ate some of the best food I've ever enjoyed. Here are a few photos from our sights:

Central Park, NYC, skyline
NYC
brunch drinks
Union Square

3. Macarons

For me, it's not a trip to NYC without eating at least one macaron. And if I'm in New York, I want to trek over to Ladurée to get the best of the best. They had the cutest storefront decorations up for Halloween- and I was able to try the seasonal flavor offering! It was an orange cookie with Hazelnut filling- and I highly recommend it! I would be a happy girl if I had a Ladurée in my neck of the woods, but it also makes each trip special because it is such a rare treat for me.

macaron, laduree, halloween

halloween, window, laduree



What's on your horizon this week? What is your current favorite perfume? Do you have any go-to spots in NYC?

xox. T

2 comments:

  1. Tocca products are just so pretty looking, in addition to smelling delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm tempted to go back and get one of each!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Have any thoughts on my post? Please share- I love hearing from my readers! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...